Plans are a foot to build the first carbon zero home in Solihull, the house plans to have a major transformation including a new swimming pool in the basement and fantastic open plan design. Beyond its sleek modern design this building will also be pushing the eco boundaries as the first home in Solihull to earn a zero carbon rating.
This eco project is the home and brain child of the Wilson family, who have been working closely alongside AM Architectural Design Ltd in Alcester who provide Architectural Services and an energy consultant to create a carbon zero home that would win the planning approval of authorities in Solihull.
Plans for the carbon zero home include:
- Rainwater Harvesting and grey water recycling throughout the house
- Combined whole house ventilation and heat recovery including use of wool pellets
- Photo-volatair solar panel
- Glass in windows used in such a way to minimise heat loss
- Light wells that limit the amount of alternative energy needed
- LED and low energy light bulbs combined with sensors to ensure lights are not left on
- Half a metre thick cavity walls filled with concrete and lambswool for insulation.
With the Wilsons attention to detail on eco issues and a great design from the team at AM Architectural Design Ltd we look forward to hearing how this carbon zero home develops.