Just had to share this recipe. Inspired by Master Chef UK this week I wanted to find and try an almond crusted rack of lamb recipe and it didn’t disappoint.
Almond Crusted Lamb Ingredients
Recipe adjusted from Amelia Park
1 x Rack of Lamb
1 x teaspoon Mustard Seeds
1 x teaspoon Fennel Seeds
1 x teaspoon Cumin Seeds
1 x Tablespoon Seeded Mustard Replaced this with dairy free spread
2 x Tablespoon Ground Almonds
Preheat oven to 180c.
- Toast the mustard, fennel & cumin seeds in a pan.
- Grind toasted seeds in a mortal & pestle to a fine powder, then mix with the Grounds Almonds.
- In an oven proof dish on the stove top, in a little oil, brown the lamb rack on both sides.
- Season with salt & pepper & put in the hot oven for 8 minutes (for medium rare)
- Remove from oven & spread the dairy free spread on top & press the almond mixture on top, place back in the oven for 2 to 4 minutes until brown.
- Remove from the oven & rest in a warm place for 6 minutes before serving
I served my Almond Crusted Lamb with a few roast potatoes, mixed vegetables and a fruit sauce.
My fruit sauce was made by heating a few frozen blue berries and raspberries, until they were warmed through.
If you fancy something special for your dinner give this Almond Crusted Lamb recipe a try – delicious.