I love celery soup, even if you dont like celery raw give this soup a go as its delicious and really quick to cook.
Now I normal just wing this recipe, but this was today’s version:
Celery Soup Ingredients
Serves: 2 as a main
- 1 celery heart, finely sliced (I included stalks and all)
- 2 inch cube of potato diced (optional – for thickening)
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 1/2 teaspoon of celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of mixed herbs
- 1 tbls of olive oil
- 1/2 Free From Stock Cube (I used Kallo)
Nb. You will also need a kettle of boiling water.
In a saucepan heat the olive oil and add the celery seeds and garlic glove, stir briefly then add the celery and potato. Saute everything in the pan for a few minutes.
Add the mixed herbs and stock cube and season to taste with pepper. Cover everything with boiling water, to just below the ingredients (too much water and the soup will be too watery).
Bring to boil and cook until the vegetables are just soft, mine took 11 mins. Blend, check for seasoning and tasty celery soup done.