I love fish and the smell from Fish & Chip shops is mmm mmm MMM. So armed with my packet of gluten free bread crumbs last week I was inspired to make a Fussy foodie friendly gluten free breaded fish.
What you need: Fish of your choice (I had a mixed bag of salmon, haddock and smoked haddock – diced), Gluten free breadcrumbs, gram flour, coriander (or other favourite spice/herb), vegetable oil, a lemon and salt & pepper.
The main challenge was to make a mixture that would stick the breadcrumbs to the fish.
- In a small bowl I mixed a tablespoon of gram flour with a a pinch of coriander, salt and pepper. Then added a squeeze of lemon and a drop of water to get a slightly thick liquid.
- Coat your pieces of fish in the mixture and leave to one side.
- In a large wok heat enough oil to allow a 1 inch covering on the pan (kind of semi deep frying)
- Add a few tablespoons of the breadcrumbs to plate
- Roll the coated fish one piece at a time in the breadcrumbs to coat them
- When the oil is ready fry the breaded fish gently a few pieces at a time in the pan, turning and browning on both sides.
- Once ready remove the fish from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- That’s it the fish is ready to serve.
I enjoyed my Gluten Free Breaded Fish, with peas, mash potato and a big squeeze of lemon. They went down a treat with me and my partner Phil loved them.