Here we go my first attempt at egg free muffins and it worked. What’s more these muffins are sugar free and gluten free too. I still can’t believe that the egg free muffins rose, like proper muffins and they taste good too, actually like a proper cake something I haven’t tasted for a long time.
Egg Free Muffins Ingredients (6-8 muffins):
- 8oz Gluten free flour – I used 50% Rice Flour 50% Gram Flour
- 2 1/2 tsps Gluten free baking powder
- 2 tbsps dessicated coconut
- 1 tbsps Agave Nectar (2 big squeezes)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1tsp Ener-G Egg replacer (beaten in 2 tbsps of water)
- 1/2 pint milk ( I used 50% rice milk 50% soya milk)
- 3 tbsps oil
To make the egg free muffins, preheat oven to 200 degrees C (Gas mark 6). Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Stir in the dessicated coconut and agave nectar.
In a separate bowl combine the egg replacer, milk and oil. Add at once to the flour mixture and stir to combine thoroughly.
Pour the muffin mixture into greased muffin or fairy cake tins then bake in the over for 25 or until done. Pop the muffins out of the tin to cool, or if like me eat straight from the oven.
I am really excited to try lots of different flavours of egg free muffins, as this recipe can really form the basis of any muffin flavour. Give them a try, as I would love to know what you think.