I would say I am pretty much tee total but very occasionally I have a small cocktail as a treat and last night my boyfriend and I after a few years of hard work finished the conversion of a bedroom to a bathroom. So the cocktails came out, it’s amazing now how much just 1/2 a shot of rum affects me at the time and the next morning. This cocktail is called a “Rumble Flip” it’s a tasty treat and anyone I have made it for loves it.
What you need to make a rumble flip for two:
- 1 shot of quality dark Rum (I use Applentons Jamaican)
- Some quality orange juice
- Small tea spoon of cocoa powder
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 very fresh egg (free range of course)
- A couple of ice cubes
NB For this cocktail the better quality ingredients the better the taste.
- In a food processor or blender or even a cocktail shaker add the whole raw egg, the cocoa, cinnamon, rum and ice. Whizz or shake up until light and frothy and the ice combines with the mixture.
- Add a good glass of orange juice to the mixture (depending on how strong you like your cocktails). Whizz up again until combined.
- Serve into glasses and sprinkle with some cocoa. The cocktail should have a frothy texture on top and tastes divine!
Enjoy the rumble flip!