Feeling inspired last night as Phil and I with the lovely Claire tucked up on the sofa to watch Twilight DVD (was never going to be as good as the books), I thought I would try to make a mini sugar free fondue.
For this seriously simple tasty treat all you need is some:
- Cacao – 100% chocolate
- Agave nectar (could do with honey if an option)
- Soya, Rice Milk or Oatly Milk
- Optional: Sugar Free Vanilla Essence, Pinch of Cinnamon
- Various items to dip in fondue: nuts, banana, strawberries etc
I have only done this once so it’s more an idea at the moment rather than specific measures etc, so be prepared to wing it a little.
To make the sugar free fondue:
- In a glass bowl over some simmering water melt a large lump of cacao
- Whilst melting squeeze in a big heaped teaspoon of agave nectar
- Keep mixing the chocolate mixture over a low temperature until melted
- Once melted keep stirring over the heat and briskly mix in a few tablespoons of the milk (soya, rice, oatly) to make a runny chocolate mixture. If this congeals keep mixing and add a little more liquid to get the desired consistency.
- Taste for sweetness and adjust according to taste
- Take your dipping items and dunk into the sugar free fondue mixture and enjoy!
NB. Top tip we used tooth pick to dip the fruit into the mixture a great way to cover the fruit and keep your hands clean.
I will be making this tasty sugar free fondue again, so will take a photo for next time. It was eaten way to quickly for any fondue photo opportunity his time.